In the wake of King Charles’ health woes, royal expert Tessa Dunlop has encouraged the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to extend an olive branch to the Royal Family.
The advice comes at a time when the Royal Family grapples with both personal and public challenges, opening the door for potential reconciliation.
Dunlop, in an exclusive interview with OK! magazine, expressed her hopes for a gesture of goodwill from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle during this challenging time for the Monarchy.
“Within the family, often ill health or vulnerability can bring people together, maybe that will be the silver lining,” she explained.
She hinted at the possibility of a “Get Well” card from the Sussexes, emphasising the potential impact such a gesture could have on the strained family dynamics.
“It would be great if it did happen and it’s a reminder to Harry and to all of them, that we’re all vulnerable – don’t take anyone for granted,” she said.
“The subliminal reminder is that there’s fewer of them and they’re more stretched than they’ve ever been, there’s a bit of compassion for the older King.”
Earlier this week Buckingham Palace revealed King Charles’ health concerns after announcing that he would be attending hospital next week for a “corrective procedure”.
“In common with thousands of men each year, the king has sought treatment for an enlarged prostate,” the Palace said in a statement.
Palace officials explained that the King’s condition was benign.
Only hours before it was revealed that the Princess of Wales had been hospitalised after undergoing abdominal surgery.
Princess Catherine was admitted to the private London Clinic on Tuesday, January 16 where she is expected to remain for 10 to 14 days before returning home to recover, Kensington Palace revealed in a statement.
“Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales was admitted to hospital yesterday for planned abdominal surgery. The surgery was successful and it is expected that she will remain in hospital for ten to fourteen days, before returning home to continue her recovery. Based on the current medical advice, she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter,” the statement read.
“The Princess of Wales appreciates the interest this statement will generate. She hopes that the public will understand her desire to maintain as much normality for her children as possible; and her wish that her personal medical information remains private.
“Kensington Palace will, therefore, only provide updates on Her Royal Highness’ progress when there is significant new information to share.
“The Princess of Wales wishes to apologise to all those concerned for the fact that she has to postpone her upcoming engagements. She looks forward to reinstating as many as possible, as soon as possible.”
Reports indicate that the Princess of Wales was “doing well” after the operation, details of which have not yet been disclosed.
As challenges surround the Royal Family, all eyes are on the Sussexes. Will they put aside differences and reach out to the royals during this tough time?