These light and easy raw brownies are a perfect option for those who are dying for something sweet but don’t want to indulge in anything too unhealthy. With an ingredient list stocked full of healthier alternatives like cacao powder and almond meal – you won’t have to feel guilty about going back for seconds with these tasty treats!
While some of these ingredients might seem a bit adventurous and risky, the end product comes out exactly the same as normal peanut butter brownies, giving you the same fudge-like texture and sweet flavour that everyone knows and loves. Yum!
- 1 1/2 cups (175g) almond meal
- 450g pkt medjool dates, seeded
- 1/3 cup (35g) cacao powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (70g) smooth peanut butter
- Grease and line 20cm square brownie pan with baking paper. Leave about 5cm of overhang on 2 opposite edges. Add almond meal, dates, cacao, maple syrup and salt to bowl of food processor. Process until smooth.
- Spoon date half date mixture into pan. Spoon half peanut butter into pan. Swirl with knife. Repeat with second half. Swirl to mix. Smoothen over top.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour to chill. Remove from pan. Slice into 20 pieces. Serve.