These tasty dessert treats are absolutely ideal for every occasion. Whether you’re serving them up to family and friends or you’re just enjoying them as a treat for yourself – you can’t go wrong with these mouthwatering, bite-size tarts!
Not only do they taste absolutely delicious but they’re also super easy to whip up, considering the gourmet flavour you end up with. And even though it might take a while, it’s definitely worth the wait!
- 3 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 300g fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1/2 cup (140g) thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) thickened cream, lightly whipped
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease six 10cm loose-bottomed tart pans. Cut out 6 rounds from pastry and use to line pans. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Prick pastry with a fork, then line with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove weights and paper and bake for a further 3-4 minutes until pastry is golden and crisp. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place berries, sugar, vanilla pod and seeds in a saucepan with 1/4 cup (60ml) water over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cook for 2-3 minutes until berries start to break down. Mix arrowroot with 1-2 tablespoons water until smooth, then add to berries, stirring for 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Fold yoghurt and honey through cream, then divide among tart cases. Top with berry coulis and serve.