It wouldn’t be the festive season without gingerbread, but why not spice it up with this show-stopping Bundt cake?!
Bursting with ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg, this is the ideal cake for anyone who loves gingerbread. Not only does it taste delicious, but you can dress it up and have it as the centrepiece at your Christmas lunch or dinner. Serve with a chocolate glaze, ice cream and/or custard (we won’t judge you).
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs whisked, room temp
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and flour a 10-cup Bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices. In the bowl of a stand mixer add eggs, brown sugar, melted butter, buttermilk and Golden syrup. Using the paddle attachment, mix on low until the wet ingredients are combined, about 30 seconds. Add the flour into the wet ingredients. Mix on low until combined.
- Pour batter into your prepared Bundt pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out mostly clean or with a few moist crumbs on it. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes. Invert cake onto cake stand. Allow to cool completely.