This mouthwatering meal is absolutely perfect for a quick and easy midweek treat. With such an easy method and the help of the trusty slow cooker, you won’t need to be a cooking expert to get this one down pat.
And as the nights start to get cooler, this deliciously comforting chicken dish will easily become your new favourite way to warm up. Serve it up with the side of broccolini or with a bed of white fluffy rice for something a bit more filling. Enjoy!
- 8 chicken thigh cutlets, excess fat trimmed
- 40g pkt French onion soup mix
- 410g can apricot halves, drained
- 405ml can apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
- Fresh thyme sprigs, to serve
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken, skin-side down, and cook for 3 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes. Transfer to the bowl of a slow cooker. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Sprinkle the soup mix over the chicken. Add the apricot halves and pour over the apricot nectar. Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours.
- Use tongs to transfer the chicken to a warm oven tray and cover with foil to keep warm (alternatively, pop the tray into a preheated 180C/160 fan forced oven, without the foil, for 5-10 minutes). Increase the slow cooker heat to High. Stir the cornflour with 1 tablespoon of water until smooth. Add to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and heat for 5 minutes. Stir again. Serve the chicken and apricots with rice and broccolini, and sprinkled with thyme leaves, if desired.