These ginger biscuits are some of the best out there if you’re looking for a quick and easy treat that you can whip up at any time of the day. Although the flavour is definitely the star of the show when it comes to these treats – you’ll absolutely fall in love with how easy they are to pull together in no time at all.
With a recipe as simple and safe as this, these biscuits are also a perfect option for inviting the grandkids over for a fun baking day. Pair these up with a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy!
- 185g self-raising flour
- 125g brown sugar
- 1 level teaspoon bicarb soda
- 60g butter, softened
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 rounded teaspoon golden syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease baking tray. Add all ingredients, except the egg, to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Gradually add beaten egg to form a stiffer consistency.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon worth of dough. Roll to shape into ball the size of a walnut. Place on baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool on tray for 10 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to cool completely. Serve.