A tasty yet simple gourmet dessert can be hard to find, but this mouthwatering treat might just be the solution to all of your problems. With just six ingredients and a super straightforward method, there’s plenty to love about this tasty dish.
Not only is it great for the tastebuds but it’s also the perfect way to impress your guests with your baking skills. Whip it up the day of a get together and you’re bound to be flooded with compliments! Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) pouring (pure) cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 100g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Bring cream and vanilla just to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Use an electric mixer to whisk the egg yolks and caster sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Gradually add the hot cream mixture, stirring well after each addition.
- Divide the raspberries evenly among six 2/3-cup (160ml) ramekins. Pour the custard mixture over the raspberries.
- Place the ramekins in a large slow cooker. Carefully pour boiling water into the slow cooker to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Cover with baking paper to help absorb any condensation. Cover slow cooker and cook for 2 hours on low or until the custard is just set. Carefully remove ramekins from slow cooker. Set aside for 30 mins to cool. Place in the fridge for 3 hours to chill.
- Preheat grill on high. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the top of each ramekin. Place under grill for 1 min or until the sugar dissolves and caramelises. Serve.