If you’re after a refreshing dessert slice that works well for both morning tea and a satisfying after-dinner treat, this lemon slice should be the first thing you try. Not only is the recipe fairly easy but the results are absolutely delicious!
With a creamy cheesecake filling and a smooth butter crust, this tasty slice will instantly be a family favourite! Serve it up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a slice of lemon and you’re good to go. Enjoy!
- 250g pkt sweet plain biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon gelatine powder
- 500g cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind, plus extra finely shredded lemon zest, to serve
- Grease 16 x 26cm slice pan and line with baking paper, allowing the paper to extend up all sides. Break up biscuits in food processor and process until coarsely crushed. Add butter and process until combined. Transfer to prepared pan. Use flat-bottomed glass to press biscuit mixture into base and up sides. Place in fridge for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Place 1 tablespoon water in small microwave-safe bowl and sprinkle with gelatine. Set aside for 2-3 minutes to soften. Microwave on High for 10 seconds or until hot. Use fork to gently whisk until gelatine dissolves. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Wipe food processor clean then add cream cheese. Process until nearly smooth. Add condensed milk, lemon juice and rind. Process until combined. Add gelatine mixture and process again until combined. Pour over biscuit mixture and smooth surface. Place in fridge for 3 hours or until set.
- Use paper to lift slice from pan. Sprinkle with zest and cut into bars to serve.