Rissoles are hands down one of the easiest weeknight meals that tick all of the boxes. Not only is the method so simple, but the ingredients list is also incredibly cheap and super versatile meaning there’s no big deal if you don’t have all the ingredients ready to go as you can easily find a suitable substitute.
This chicken version is absolutely perfect thanks to the light and fresh lemon and parmesan flavours that complement each other so well! You can serve these up with creamy mashed potato or a simple garden salad and you’re good to go!
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine mince, egg, garlic, breadcrumbs, basil, lemon rind, olives and parmesan in a bowl. Place flour on a plate. Shape into eight 2cm-thick rissoles. Roll in flour to lightly coat. Place on a large plate. Cover. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook rissoles, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a greased baking tray. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with antipasto salad.