This super quick and easy apricot and coconut slice will have you and all of your guests going back for seconds (and even thirds!) thanks to its deliciously crumbly texture and refreshingly good flavour.
You can whip this up with little to no effort and enjoy it fresh off the bat or pop it in a container for the perfect dessert to treat your sweet tooth while you’re on the go. Don’t forget to serve it up with a warm cuppa and enjoy!
- 125g unsalted butter
- 50ml thick cream
- 200g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dried apricots
- 250g shortbread biscuits, crushed
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 25g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 1/3 cups (350g) icing sugar, sifted
- Line a 3cm-deep, 18 x 25cm baking pan with baking paper. Place the butter and cream in a saucepan over medium heat, bring to the boil, then remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate and stir until melted. Cool slightly, then stir in apricots, biscuit crumbs and desiccated coconut. Press the mixture into the baking pan and chill in fridge for 1 hour.
- To make the icing, combine the butter, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons warm water in a large bowl. Stir in the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Spread over the slice and chill again until set. Slice in the pan and serve