Adding Bailey’s to anything will instantly make it taste not only stronger but also much more festive. There’s just something about that warm and rich flavour that instantly makes everyone think of Christmas and all the best parts about the day!
This tasty chocolate fudge is not only completely moreish and addictive but also super simple to whip up in no time at all. Make this in advance to see if you want it sweeter or more rich and you can adjust the ingredients to suit!
- Melted butter, to grease
- 1 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 100g butter, cubed
- 255g (1 1/4 cups) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons glucose syrup
- 150g good-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Baileys Original Irish Cream liqueur (or liqueur of your choice)
- Brush a 20cm (base measurement) square cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line base and 2 opposite sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
- Combine condensed milk, butter, sugar and glucose syrup in a medium heavy-based saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring constantly, for 10-15 minutes or until mixture thickens, turns a caramel colour and leaves the side of pan. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and liqueur, and stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Set aside for 1 hour to cool. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove fudge from pan, using the paper to help lift the fudge. Use a sharp knife to cut fudge into 16 equal portions. Serve.