Chocolate cake is delicious, there’s no denying that – but sometimes it’s nice to put a bit of a twist on the classic recipe, and this version is proof that it works! With the addition of hazelnut meal in this delicious dish, you’ll be so glad you tried this nutty treat!
If you’re looking to add even more sweetness into the mix, try making up your own deliciously decadent chocolate icing to be generously spread over the top. Top it off with some sliced strawberries and you’re good to go!
- 150g butter, cubed
- 200g 70 per cent dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 140g (2/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 200g (2 cups) hazelnut meal
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line base of 20cm springform pan with baking paper. Gently melt butter and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until just melted and smooth. Set aside
- Whisk sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until combined. Add melted chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Add hazelnut meal and baking powder and stir until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until just cooked where it is still soft in the centre. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar. Slice and serve.