You can stop searching for the ultimate biscuits – because they’re right here! These chewy chocolate chip treats are by far some of the best you’ll ever get your hands on.
With the perfect chocolate chip to biscuit base ratio and a tasty mix of dark and white chocolate, you’ll be addicted to these in no time! Whip them up as a treat for yourself or as for a gift for someone you love. Enjoy!
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 firmly packed cup (250g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100g good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a bowl and beat with electric beaters until thick and pale. Add the vanilla extract and egg, then continue to beat until just combined. Sift in the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt and gently fold to combine. Stir through the chunks of dark and white chocolate.
- Place tablespoonfuls of mixture on the tray, spaced 4-5cm apart. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.Cool for 5 minutes on the tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container for 2-3 days.