Milo truly is the best ingredient to work with when it comes to desserts as its easy, affordable and beloved all over the country. And this dish in particular is one of the best Milo-inspired meals as the flavours of the creamy cheesecake paired with crunchy milo is undeniably delicious!
You can serve this up to family and friends as a special dessert treat or save it all for yourself and pop it in the fridge to be enjoyed over several days. Although it’s perfect on its own, try popping a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top for something a bit extra! Enjoy!
- 250 g milk chocolate melts
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 cups Rice Bubbles
- 300 ml thickened cream whipped
- 340 g cream cheese
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups Milo
- 4 tsp gelatine powder
- 2 tbs Milo for dusting
- Grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin. Put chocolate melts in heatproof bowl and microwave in 40 second bursts, stirring in between, until melted.
- In a large bowl combine the melted chocolate, coconut and Rice Bubbles. Stir until well combined. Press chocolate Rice Bubble mixture into base of tin, flattening with a spoon. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes while you make filling.
- Put cream cheese into bowl of electric mixer and beat until soft and creamy. Add the caster sugar. Add about a tablespoon of boiled water to Milo powder and mix it into a paste until powder is dissolved well. Put milk into a glass jug and heat it in microwave for about two minutes, until nearly boiled. Ensure it’s just hot enough to dissolve the Milo mixture into. Stir Milo mixture into milk, whisk until combined. Dissolve gelatine in about tablespoon of hot water and add to hot Milo mixture.
- Add Milo mixture to cream cheese, gradually, a little at a time. Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour filling over base and refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle with Milo powder. Remove from tin and serve.