If you’re running out of time during your day to think up an elaborate dinner dish – just give this tasty prawn, coconut and tomato curry a go! With just a simple handful of ingredients and a method that is as easy as can be, you definitely won’t regret giving it a go.
Whip this up for family and friends or cook it for yourself and package up the leftovers to enjoy the next day for lunch! Whatever you do however, don’t forget to cook up some papadums or some naan bread to go alongside the main dish. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 3 tbsp curry paste
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 200ml coconut cream
- 350g raw prawn
- coriander sprigs and rice, to serve
- Heat oil in large frying pan. Fry onion, garlic and half the chilli for 5 mins or until softened. Add curry paste and cook for 1 min more. Add tomato purée, stock and coconut cream.
- Simmer on medium heat for 10 mins, then add the prawns. Cook for 3 mins or until they turn opaque.
- Scatter on the remaining green chillies and coriander sprigs. Serve on top a bed of rice.