If you’re looking for a healthy dinner option but don’t want it to be painfully boring, give this flavourful kidney bean curry a go! Not only is the flavour absolutely delicious but the method is so incredibly easy as well!
It’s a fantastic vegetarian option for those looking to cut down on their meat intake as well as making it super flexible for serving up to guests. If you want to go even healthier, switch out the basmati rice for brown rice and enjoy!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small pack coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves roughly shredded
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can kidney beans, in water
- cooked basmati rice, to serve
- Heat oil in large frying pan over low-medium heat. Add onion and pinch of salt. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until softened and just starting to colour. Add garlic, ginger and coriander stalks. Cook for a further 2 mins, until fragrant.
- Add spices to pan. Cook for another 1 min, or until aromatic. Tip in chopped tomatoes and kidney beans in their water, then bring to boil.
- Turn down heat. Simmer for 15 mins until the curry is thick. Season to taste. Divide rice and curry amongst bowls. Top with coriander. Serve.