Is there a more perfect pairing than garlic and prawns? Perhaps not, but the duo is only enhanced when you combine it in a mouthwateringly cheesy risotto. Absolutely everyone who bites into this dish will instantly fall head over heels for the delicious taste – not to mention how truly easy it is to whip up.
Not only does this garlic prawn risotto have a fantastic flavour but it’s also low in fat, sodium, sugar and a great source of protein. This makes it the ideal dinner recipe to feed to the whole family at the next big get together. Enjoy!
- 2 cups Arborio Rice
- 1 large onion, diced
- 500g raw prawns, deveined and shelled
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups salt reduced chicken stock
- 6 large cloves garlic
- 50g baby spinach leaves (a big handful)
- Sprinkle of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Place stock in medium pot on the stove and simmer until ready. Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 mins or until it is translucent. Add rice. Coat with onion for 1 min. Pour in wine. Stir until absorbed.
- Add one ladle of simmering stock into pan and stir. It should be absorbed in 1-2 mins. Keep repeating the process for about 4 more ladles.
- Stir in a sprinkle of thyme and crushed garlic. Add 2 more ladles, one at a time. When this has absorbed, check if rice is cooked and if so, add prawns into pan. Cook for about 5 mins or until prawns turn opaque, do not overcook. Add spinach. Cook for a few minutes or until wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add parmesan cheese and feta. Transfer to serving plates. Serve.