The telltale signs you were a kid in the 1950s and '60s ...
Kids from the 50s, 60s and 70s will certainly remember these.
It’s hard to argue that the 1950s and ’60s weren’t a special time to be a kid, with all these great memories to be made.
Ad. Article continues below.
How many can you tick off, and can you think of some that we’ve missed? Let us know in the comments section below!
- Everybody got together in front of the TV on Sunday nights.
- Tried to twitch your nose like Elizabeth Montgomery from Bewitched.
- Fake smoking with candy cigarettes..
- You rode your bike everywhere…without a helmet!
- You’d buy dress patterns to sew your own dresses.
- You played with spirographs.
- You used Perkins Paste at school.
- You remember paper money.
- You loved Redskins, Milkos and Choo Choo bars.
- Glo-mesh purses were so cool!
- You challenged your friend to go around the world or to walk the dog… with a yo-yo
- Your soft drink can had a ring pull, until it was replaced by the push tab.
- What’s a computer game?
- You begged your mum for go-go boots.
- Flower Power was everywhere.
- You snuck into a drive-in movie!
- You saw when TV went from black and white to colour!
- You always wondered how the Gilligan’s Island group made so many gadgets on the island but never a boat?!
- You know how to work a manual typewriter.
- Twiggy was the face of all things Mod.
- You watched the moon landing on TV.
- You called people on rotary phones.
- You chanted England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales while playing elastics.
- You got splinters from a wooden sea-saw.
- Flower seats and baskets were normal bike accessories for girls.
- You can still sing along to the closing tune on Young Talent Time.
- You had to go to the chemist to get your film developed and waited weeks to get them back.
- The milkman delivered milk bottles to your front door.
- Your mum used olive oil to clean out your ears.
- You had a bowl haircut and so did everyone else.
- Big bubbles were no trouble with Hubba Bubba!
- You remember the retro Tupperware.
- Your mum cooked meat and three veg every night.
- All of the cool places had Space Invaders.
- You spent hours clicking through your View-Master.
- You styled Barbie’s hair and did her makeup.
- Most of your t-shirts were tie-dyed.
- You posed like a Charlie’s Angel in every photo.
- You wished John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John were a real couple.
- Mork was your favourite alien.
- Twister was the preferred party game.
- You put playing cards in the spokes of your bike.
- You thought The Monkees were a real band, and Davy Jones was dreamy.
- You bought singles on 45 rpm vinyl records
- You had mustard or orange everything in your house.
- Your mum had a Bex and a lie-down.
- You rode in the station waggon without a seatbelt.
Are there any we missed? Let us know in the comment section below.
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today