As Prince Harry continues his tirade against the Royal Family in a series of tell all interviews and in his recent memoir, outspoken television personality Piers Morgan has had enough of the royal’s jibes and demanded that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle apologise.
As royal fans wait with bated breath for Harry’s next major reveal regarding royal life, Morgan, a self described proud monarchist, has lost patience with the ongoing attacks and has called for Harry and Meghan to “plunge to their knees” and “apologise”.
“This treacherous little toad has forgotten that he is supposed to turn into a Prince after being kissed by a spoiled Princess, not the other way around,” Morgan said during the latest broadcast of Piers Morgan Uncensored.
“Before we even think about whether Harry and Meghan should be allowed anywhere near the coronation, and for me, they absolutely should not be considered for an invitation, one thing would need to happen.
“They’d have to go on national television., plunge to their knees and issue a global apology to their families on both sides who they so mercilessly trashed.”
Morgan’s tirade came not long after Harry revealed in a recent interview that he wanted the Royal Family to apologise to his wife.
In addition to Morgan taking issue with Harry’s latest comments, the former Good Morning Britain host recently launched into a tirade regarding claims made in Harry’s memoir, Spare.
“There is no doubt that this is highly entertaining in parts, it’s riveting, it’s incredibly intrusive. You can’t believe what you are reading,” Morgan said at the time.
“This will be a number one best seller, good luck to him. He’ll make millions but at what cost?
“He’s blown it with his entire family. There’s no amount of money in the world that would make me do this to my family.”
Following the tirade, Morgan took Harry’s book and threw it in the bin while suggesting others do the same.
Morgan also took aim at some of the claims Harry made during recent tell all interviews, calling the royal a “village idiot” for walking back allegations of racism he had previously levelled at the Royal Family.
Prince Harry has dominated global headlines of late following the release of his memoir and a series of “revealing and explosive” tell-all interviews in which Prince Harry delivered several attacks against members of his family.
The Duke of Sussex recently sat down with ITV’s Tom Bradby where he revealed that the ongoing feud with The Firm “never needed to be this way”.
“The leaking, the planting, I want a family – not an institution,” he said.
“They feel as though it’s better to keep us, somehow, as the villains. They’ve shown absolutely no willingness to reconcile.
“I would like to get my father back. I would like to have my brother back.”
Harry: The Interview, an exclusive in-depth discussion with Tom Bradby.
Watch on ITV1 or stream on ITVX at 9pm on Jan 8. @tombradby #ITV #ITVX pic.twitter.com/MrFjLSCb9o
— ITV (@ITV) January 2, 2023
Prince Harry also appeared on 60 Minutes for an interview with CNN news anchor Anderson Cooper, where he made it clear he had no intention of returning to royal life
During the interview, Cooper asked the 38-year-old father of two if he saw himself returning as a full-time member of the Royal Family, Harry quickly shot down the suggestion with a firm “no”.
Not Prince Harry finally spelling it out for people that the royal family leaks private stuff to the media. pic.twitter.com/tQa95Qu6h6
— TV Fanatic????⚜️ (@TvKhaleesi) January 2, 2023
Cooper went on to questions why Prince Harry chose to go public with his concerns, to which Harry replied that he had previously tried to deal with the issues in private but claimed it only resulted in Buckingham Palace “planting” stories against him and his wife to the media.
“You know, the family motto is ‘Never complain, never explain,’ but it’s just a motto,” he said.
“They will feed or have a conversation with the correspondent and that correspondent will be spoon-fed information and write the story.
“At the bottom of [a story], they will say that they’ve reached out to Buckingham Palace for comment. But the whole story is Buckingham Palace commenting.
“So when we are being told for the last six years we can’t put a statement out to protect you, but you do it for the rest of the family, there becomes a point when silence is betrayal.”