Want to feel like a master chef in your own kitchen? This beautiful bread is fragrant, delicious and quite easy to make! It tastes beautiful when it is still warm and will always shock your friends and family… But keep this easy recipe a secret!
1. In a large bowl, combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let sit 10 minutes to proof.
2. Stir in the salt, rosemary, seasonings, olive oil, and whole wheat flour. Add the bread flour and stir until the dough forms a ball. Knead on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes, adding more flour as necessary to prevent sticking, until smooth.
3. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl; cover; and let rise until doubled in size, about an hour.
4. Punch down the dough and form it into a round loaf. Place it on a flour-dusted parchment paper; cover; and let rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180C. Once the dough has risen, gently brush the top with egg wash and sprinkle with dried rosemary.
6. Bake on preheated stone for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
*Tip: You can add olives or dried raisins to give the bread additional flavour and texture!