This recipe is a super easy take on the classic dinner meal. It is a hearty dish with that will always be a family favourite and will have everyone going back for more. If you are looking for a healthier option, try switching out the potato for sweet potato mash or opting for lean turkey mince instead of beef.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g 5-star mince beef
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian dried herbs
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 1/2 kg potatoes
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- In a large pot, add diced tomatoes, herbs and stock. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a large, deep frying pan heat oil. Add onion and capsicum. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add beef mince and cook until browned. Break up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Peel potatoes and dice. Boil in pot until tender. Drain well. Mash potatoes until completely smooth. Stir in milk.
- Stir peas into mince mixture. Spoon into an 8 cup capacity ovenproof dish. Spread mash over the top. Bake for 20 mins. Serve hot.