If you love a bit of spice, then you have to try this delicious dish, which is great for dinner on a chilly night. Not only can it cater to a large group of diners, but it is also a surprisingly healthy option. The addition of kidney beans means an extra dose of protein and the spice of the paprika, chilli powder and tabasco sauce helps improve circulation and stimulate your metabolism.
Try serving it with a side of delicious pita bread for dipping!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, unrefined extra virgin
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 28 oz can diced organic tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 12oz tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2½ teaspoons chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 12 drops tabasco sauce
- 2 15oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 10oz bag frozen organic corn, sweet
- Chopped chives, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Place green pepper and onion in pan. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Add ground beef and stir. Cook until browned. Add in chopped tomatoes, garlic and tomato paste.
- Season beef with paprika, chilli powder and parsley. Add salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Leave to simmer with a lid on for 90 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in tabasco , kidney beans and corn. Cover again and leave to simmer for 30 minutes. Serve hot topped with chives and lime.