If you’re not interested in leaving a trail of dirty dishes throughout the kitchen, but are still in the mood for something delicious then give this mouthwatering dish a go! Just like a classic cottage pie it’s full of tasty beef and piled high with cheesy mashed potato.
But the best part is that it’s all cooked up in one pan so you’ll be left with less washing up to do at the end! Try a slice of this delicious pie with a some greens on the side for a super filling and nutritious weeknight meal.
- 15ml olive oil
- 550g ground beef lean
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 30ml Worcestershire sauce
- 50g onion soup mix
- 240ml beef broth
- 364g frozen veggies
- 6 potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- 160ml milk
- 25g Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp rosemary fresh, for garnish
- Boil potatoes for 15 minutes until tender. Meanwhile, heat oil in large cast-iron frying pan over medium heat. Add beef. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes until meat is browned. Break up with wooden spoon as it cooks. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes until tender. Add pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, onion soup mix, beef broth. Stir to combine.
- Stir in frozen veggies. Cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Drain potatoes. Add to large bowl. Add butter. Use potato masher to smooth mixture. Add milk, cheese, salt and pepper. Mash again and mix to combine.
- Spread potato mixture over top of meat and smooth with spoon. Place pan on baking paper. Bake for 40 minutes until golden. Top with rosemary. Serve warm.