Breakfast doesn’t have to be boring with this tasty and healthier coconut bread topped off with delicious rolled oats. This meal is absolutely perfect for whipping up for the grandkids as it’s completely free of refined sugars but still satisfies their sweet tooth and fills them up each morning.
Whether you bake this for others or just as a delicious treat for yourself, it’s a great option to have on the go. Plus, if you’re planning on enjoying this loaf over a few days, pop it in an airtight container where it will last for about three days and heat it up each morning with a small scraping of butter or some all-natural nut spread. Yum!
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 150g butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line a 12 x 22cm loaf tin with baking paper. Add oat bran and milk to a small bowl. Stir to combine. Leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Heat butter and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly until melted.
- Add eggs, one at a time, into oat bran mix, whisking after each addition.
- Add flour, desiccated coconut, 1/2 cup rolled oats and bicarbonate soda to a large bowl. Stir to combine. Make a well in centre, pour in melted butter and honey. Mix gently. Stir in oat bran mixture.
- Spoon into loaf tin. Top with extra oats. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until skewer inserted in centre of loaf comes out clean. Leave to cool in tin for 20 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.