When it comes to quick and tasty dinners it’s hard to go past a classic patty recipe. These delicious salmon and rice patties are super tasty and also super budget friendly, making them a great meal to add to your weekly roster of dinners. Like all good patties, they’re easy to make and are perfectly crunchy on the outside and flavourful on the inside. Serve them with a side of veggies or a colourful garden salad and a simple lemon and olive oil dressing. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge — they make for a great lunch the next day!
- 2/3 cup white long-gran rice
- 3 x 95g cans salmon, drained
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions until tender. Drain. Allow to cool.
- Place salmon, rice, breadcrumbs and eggs in a large bowl. Season. Mix well.
- Using two tablespoons of mixture at a time, roll into 12 balls. Flatten slightly. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook patties, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
Have you made salmon and rice patties before?