Who doesn’t love a comforting bowl of rice pudding? Rice pudding is one of those retro desserts that’s made a comeback in recent years — and for good reason, it’s so tasty! This version is topped with roasted strawberries coated in maple syrup and sprinkled with almonds, making every last bite absolutely delicious. Serve with a side of vanilla ice cream or custard and dig in!
- 3/4 cup medium-grain white rice
- 4 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 500g strawberries halved
- 2 tbsp almonds toasted, chopped
- Rinse the rice under cold water. Drain well. Combine the rice and milk in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring often, for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stir in half the maple syrup.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Combine the strawberry and the remaining maple syrup in a small baking dish. Roast for 20 minutes or until the strawberries begin to soften slightly.
- Divide the rice pudding evenly among serving bowls. Spoon over the strawberry mixture and sprinkle with almonds.