These are a delicious snack for the whole family to enjoy! Have them at home or take them to your next social gathering; they make a great snack to grab and go. They are also low-fat and perfect for anyone managing diabetes.
- 125g Fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- 450g Wholemeal self-raising flour
- 100g Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 60g Dairy-free spread (low fat, we used Nuttelex)
- 180ml low-fat soy milk
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 250g Rhubarb, finely chopped
- 60g Apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Grease 12-hole 1/3 cup muffin pan.
- Thinly slice the strawberries and reserve 12 slices.
- Combine flour, sugar and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Add essence, spread, milk and lightly beaten eggs; mix to combine then gently stir in remaining sliced strawberries, finely chopped rhubarb and apple sauce.
- Divide mixture among pan holes; top each with a reserved strawberry slice.
- Bake for 20 minutes.