This easy microwave banana pudding is a great way to use up ripe bananas. I don’t use my microwave for this type of cooking very often, so having this pudding ‘turn out nicely’ was quite the victory!
What’s really great about this microwave banana pudding recipe is that you’re looking at roughly 20 minutes prep time — from start to finish. It’s lovely and moist and really tasty, making it a hit with the family, especially if you dust it with a bit of icing sugar and serve with some ice-cream!
- 100g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 2 ripe bananas
- 100g light muscovado sugar (brown sugar can work here)
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- Put butter in a 1-litre baking dish and microwave on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute until melted.
- Add 1 1/2 bananas, mash into the melted butter, then add sugar, flour, cinnamon, eggs and milk. Mix together well.
- Slice remaining banana over the top, then return to the microwave and cook on high for 8 minutes until cooked through and risen.
- Serve warm, dusted with icing sugar, if you like, and a scoop of ice-cream.