The air fryer has remained a big kitchen hit thanks to how quick and easy it makes everyday meals, and its popularity isn’t fading. So if you’ve been experimenting with your own or are toying with the idea of getting one, have a look at this mouthwatering banana muffin recipe to get you started!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 60g (1/3 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) buttermilk
- Maple syrup, to brush, plus extra (optional), to serve
- Use a fork to mash bananas in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Use balloon whisk to whisk flour and sugar in a medium bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add egg, oil and buttermilk. Use whisk to break up egg. Use a wooden spoon to stir until mixture is combined. Stir through mashed banana.
- Preheat an air fryer to 180C. Divide half of the mixture among 9 patty cases. Remove rack from the air fryer and carefully transfer cases onto rack. Return rack to fryer. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until muffins are cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 18 muffins.
- Brush tops of the muffins with maple syrup while still warm. Serve with extra maple syrup, if you like.