It’s important to treat yourself every now and then and while making sure you keep a healthy routine is important, sometimes you just need that one guilty pleasure as a present to yourself. Well, this decadent, dense brownie is the perfect thing to make! Not only does it have an incredibly moist fudge base but the addition of macadamias gives it that perfectly crunchy texture that is unlike anything else! You can choose to whip these up to serve at lunch or afternoon tea or just to pop on your kitchen bench for a few days as a tasty and addictive sweet treat for yourself!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamias
- 250 g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease an 18 x 28cm slice pan and line with baking paper, leaving overhang on sides. Sift flours and cocoa together into a large bowl. Stir in nuts. Make a well in the centre.
- Add chocolate and butter to a heatproof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Use electric mixer to blend sugar, eggs and cream into chocolate mixture. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into pan. Smoothen over top with back of spoon. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in pan.
Lift from pan. Cut into squares. Serve.