This salad has all the creamy goodness of a classic Caesar salad, but the pasta and avocado take it to a new level. It’s the sort of dish you can make on the fly, or bring to a casual get-together with friends or family.
This Caesar pasta salad is delicious. As far as salads go, this one could well become a favourite.
- 1 large Cos lettuce
- 225g fusilli pasta
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 250g bacon, sliced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup Caesar dressing
- 1/2 cup croutons
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package instructions until al dente. Rinse in cold water and set aside to drain.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until it is crispy. Set aside.
- Rinse, chop and spin the romaine lettuce dry using a salad spinner. If you don’t have a salad spinner, pat dry with a clean towel. The dressing will coat the salad much better if the lettuce isn’t wet. Transfer lettuce to a large mixing bowl. Toss in the diced avocado. Add bacon.
- Add the Caesar dressing to really boost the flavour. Toss to evenly coat the lettuce. Add the dressing to taste. Sprinkle with parmesan and croutons.