This tasty dish is perfect for any occasion whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner! With just a handful of cheap and easy ingredients, this meal is also super hassle-free making it ideal for a simple weeknight feed.
Frittatas are also famously versatile so if you have any leftovers that you’re keen to get rid of then just throw them in the mix and see how you go. It’s near impossible to mess this one up so get all your ingredients together and go for it!
- 8 eggs
- 60ml (1/4 cup) thickened cream
- 125g (1 1/4 cups) pre-grated cheddar
- 2 x 250g packet sweet potato noodles
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil
- Heat a 25cm ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Preheat the grill on high.
- While the pan and grill heat up, whisk together the eggs and cream in a jug. Season. Add 3/4 cup cheddar. Crush the garlic.
- Once pan is hot, pour in the oil, swirling to coat. Add noodles and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until noodles start to soften.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and shake a little. Cook for 3 minutes or until frittata starts to set around the edges.
- While the frittata cooks, cut the tomatoes in half and transfer to a bowl. Pick the basil leaves and add to the bowl. Season.
- Sprinkle the frittata with the remaining cheddar. Place the pan under the grill for 3-4 minutes or until set and golden. Top with the tomato and basil salad. Drizzle over extra oil, season and serve.