This recipe is so good that I’m not going to be surprised if it becomes one of your regular favourites. Don’t let the bacon wrapping fool you into thinking this is all ‘la de dah’! With five ingredients and roughly 10 minutes of prep, this recipe is great for a simple weeknight dinner.
While it cooks, pour yourself a glass of wine, then serve with some steamed greens!
- 125g mozzarella ball, torn into small pieces
- 50g strong cheddar, grated
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 8 smoked streaky bacon rashers
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Mix cheeses and mustard together. Cut a slit into the side of each chicken breast, then stuff with the mustard mixture.
- Wrap each stuffed chicken breast with 2 bacon rashers — not too tightly, but enough to hold the chicken together.
- Season, place on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes.