Eating food without gluten doesn’t mean you can’t indulge!
This gluten-free fudge recipe is packed with chocolate, dried apricots, fresh dates and almond butter, and is a surefire winner. The best part — it’s quick to whip up and is a handy recipe to have on-hand for those gluten-intolerant visitors. Make a batch and store in an air-tight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
- 215g whole dried apricots
- 250g fresh dates, pitted, chopped
- 145g almond spread
- 30g raw cacao powder
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- Grease the base and sides of an 11 x 21cm loaf pan and line with baking paper, allowing the edges to overhang.
- Place one cup of the apricots in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water.
- Stand for 5 minutes. Drain. Pat dry. Finely chop remaining apricots and set aside.
- Process the dates and soaked apricots in a food processor, scraping down sides occasionally.
- Add the almond spread, cacao powder, coconut oil and salt. Process until smooth.
- Press into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
- Sprinkle the fudge with cacao nibs. Use your hands to gently press in the fudge.
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours.