It’s an embarrassing problem that no one likes to talk about. With these steps that you can do at home you won’t have too.
Skin tags (acrochordons) are small skin-coloured or brown growths that hang off the skin and look a bit like warts.
Although there can be many skin tags all over your body, they’re actually harmless and are common.
Skin tags can be big or small from a few millimetres up to 5cm wide.
You can usually find them on the neck, armpits, around the groin, or under the breasts. They may also occur on the face, usually on the eyelids. Since they are so often found in skin creases and folds, it is believed that skin tags occur from skin rubbing up against skin.
This is the only thing you need to reduce these common marks. The best part? You probably have it in your cupboard!
That’s right – we’re talking about apple cider vinegar. You may already know ACV is able to soothe and heal, but you may not have realised it can also get rid of skin tags.
1. First, clean the skin around the skin tag with lukewarm water and mild soap, then dry.
2. Scratch the tag gently with a clean toothpick (optional)
3. Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and squeeze out the excess.
4. Place the soaked cotton wool on the skin tag and hold it with a bandage.
5. To avoid stinging and itching, dilute the vinegar with some water.
You can leave this on for a couple of minutes, or a few hours, whatever works for you. Do it every day to see a reduction.
Note: Avoid doing this on skin tags on your eyelids.
1. Use nail clippers and some spray aesthetics. – Chris Townley.
2. Banana skin worked for me. – Dawn Cotterell.
3. I went to Dr. and burnt them off with liquid nitrogen. – Dieter Kratz.
4. Oregano oil works.It takes about 2 weeks. Make sure you apply some plain oil around tag, then apply a drop of oregano oil onto tag. – Judith Barrie.
5. Tie a piece of cotton or tooth floss around it as close to where it is protruding from as tight as you can in a knot and leave it for a few days and it will drop off. Doctor showed me that and it works. – Pauline Grant & Marcie Reynolds.
She became a member of Starts at 60 and got access to amazing travel deals, free masterclasses, exclusive news and features and hot member discounts!
And she entered to win a $10K trip for four people to Norfolk Island in 2021. Join now, it’s free to become a member. Members get more.