Everyday uses for honey outside the kitchen
Home made honey solutions
Winnie the Pooh was on to a good thing with his love of all things honey.
There is more to honey than just something spreading it on your toast.
- Mix some honey with some beeswax and almond oil and you have a lip balm that will rival those on supermarket shelves.
- Drink it. You can add honey to more than your cup of tea to soothe a sore throat.
- Add a few tablespoons to a salad for a sweet fresh taste.
- A few drops of honey in warm water turns into a great facial wash you can massage into your skin. Also try soaking your elbows in it for 30 minutes to soften the skin.
- A tablespoon of honey before a workout can boost your performance.
- Preserve fruit in honey for a modern twist on jam. Use one part honey, ten parts water, and bottle it up in a cute little jar.
- Use it to treat cuts and scrapes as a natural antiseptic. It can even be used to treat wounds and burns.
- Treat hair frizz. First wash your hair then put honey on the ends. Let it sit for a few minutes and rinse out.
- Substitute sugar in your tea and coffee with honey… it helps your metabolism too and gives a great energy boost
- That honey on your toast, by the way, is a good hangover cure.
Do you remember the old poem that gives another great use for honey?
I eat my peas with honey.
Ad. Article continues below.
I’ve done it all my life.
It makes the peas taste funny
But it keeps them on the knife.
What are some other uses for honey you have found?
Loading Next Article
Love starts at sixty? Get our most popular stories delivered today. Join Us
Never Miss a story join us today