Winnie the Pooh was on to a good thing with his love of all things honey.
There is more to honey than just something spreading it on your toast.
- Mix some honey with some beeswax and almond oil and you have a lip balm that will rival those on supermarket shelves.
- Drink it. You can add honey to more than your cup of tea to soothe a sore throat.
- Add a few tablespoons to a salad for a sweet fresh taste.
- A few drops of honey in warm water turns into a great facial wash you can massage into your skin. Also try soaking your elbows in it for 30 minutes to soften the skin.
- A tablespoon of honey before a workout can boost your performance.
- Preserve fruit in honey for a modern twist on jam. Use one part honey, ten parts water, and bottle it up in a cute little jar.
- Use it to treat cuts and scrapes as a natural antiseptic. It can even be used to treat wounds and burns.
- Treat hair frizz. First wash your hair then put honey on the ends. Let it sit for a few minutes and rinse out.
- Substitute sugar in your tea and coffee with honey… it helps your metabolism too and gives a great energy boost
- That honey on your toast, by the way, is a good hangover cure.
Do you remember the old poem that gives another great use for honey?
I eat my peas with honey.
I’ve done it all my life.
It makes the peas taste funny
But it keeps them on the knife.