An Aussie favourite with a delicious tangy twist! Lamingtons on Australia day is a must-have and this recipe is perfect for the holiday and is sure to be a winner at any celebration!
These delicious tangy lamingtons are dipped in chocolate, and coated with shredded coconut. The incredible sponge includes lemon juice, rind and curd, adding a fresh new spin on the traditional lamington.
For a delicious mid-week treat the whole family will love, these irresistible lamingtons are a must-try.
- 150g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 4 cups icing sugar mixture
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line base and sides of a 20cm square cake pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in bowl until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Add the sour cream, stir to combine.
- Add flour, coconut, rind and juice, stir to combine, then add curd and gently fold until just marbled through.
- Spoon into prepared tray and smooth surface.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make icing, combine icing sugar, cocoa powder, butter and water in heatproof bowl over saucepan over simmering water.
- Stir until smooth and runny.
- Place shredded coconut in a bowl.
- With a large knife cut the lamington into squares.
- Dip one sqaure into the icing and gently turn to coat.
- Transfer to coconut and gently turn to coat.
- Repeat with remaining cake, icing and coconut.