When it comes to baking, sometimes there’s nothing more delicious than a Danish.
If you’re looking for something a little different to whip up in the kitchen, these delicious apricot and custard Danish pastries are worth a try.
Super crumbly and bursting with flavour, they make the perfect sweet treat or afternoon tea snack. The best part is it they don’t take too long to cook.
- 410g apricot halves in syrup
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, lightly thawed
- 2/3 cups double thick vanilla custard
- 2/3 cups almond meal
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Drain apricots and place 12 on kitchen paper.
- Cut pastry sheets into 4 even squares, adding tbsp custard (mixed with almond meal) in centre of each. Add apricot to each.
- Roll pastry corners towards centre of Danish, keeping apricot exposed.
- Flatten pastry with fingers and pin each joint together.
- Line oven tray with baking paper, brush each pastry with egg and bake for 20 mins.
- Wait to cool and serve.
For extra flavour, feel free to add icing sugar to each Danish.