With the warmer weather just around the corner (and already here for some!) the last thing you want to do is spend hours slaving over a hot oven. Enter the no-bake cherry ripe slice! This slice is a bit of a modern-day Aussie classic and makes a great summer treat. The glacé cherries and super juicy, while the coconut and condensed milk make the perfect chewy centre. The whole lot is sandwiched between a lovely biscuit base and a creamy chocolate top. As you can imagine it’s quite a sweet treat, so cut it up into small pieces and enjoy with a nice cuppa!
- 250g packet plain chocolate biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 4 cups desiccated coconut
- 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 x 100g packets red glacé cherries, quartered
- 125g copha, melted
- Rose pink food colouring
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate melts, melted
1. Grease an 18cm x 28cm slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan. Place biscuits in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add butter. Process until combined. Press mixture over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Ad. Article continues below.
2. Place coconut, condensed milk, cherries and copha in a large bowl. Mix well to combine. Tint mixture with a few drops of rose pink food colouring. Mix well. Spoon mixture over prepared base. Using the back of spoon, press mixture to cover base evenly and level top. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3. Spread melted chocolate over top of slice. Stand for 1 hour or until set. Cut into squares. Serve.
If you’d like to see more recipes from Starts at 60, click here. And if you have a recipe you’d like to share with the Starts at 60 community – we’d love to share it! Submit them to us by completing the form below.
Submit your article here