This sweet and savoury slow cooker delight is a real winner! Juicy apricots and succulent chicken breast make for a perfect family dinner, or one you can put away for another night if you’re cooking for one.
- 1-1.5 kgs chicken, drumsticks or diced chicken breast or thighs
- 1 large tin of apricots in natural juices
- 1 packet french onion soup
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 cup water
- Light sour cream
- Place the whole tin of apricot and juice, french onion soup packet, and chopped onion in the slow cooker and stir together until combined.
- Next, add the stock cube and the water and pour into slow cooker. Place chicken in the cooker and stir gently so that all the chicken is covered in the mixture.
- Cook on high for 3 – 4 hours.
- Serve on a bed of hot, fluffy white rice and add a little dollop of light sour cream on top to add to the richness of the apricots.