Looking for a fresh and unique dessert dish to impress dinner guests? With only five simple ingredients, these sweet treats are incredibly easy to make and bring a new twist to a classic and popular recipe.
These budget-friendly dumplings are great for cooking in bulk and taking to big gatherings and they can be made fresh even if you’re in a hurry, as they only take around 20 minutes to prep before you can leave them to simmer on their own. Yum!
- 3/4 cup (155g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) golden syrup
- 100g butter
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup (185ml) milk
- Add 2 cups (500ml) water, brown sugar, 1/4 cup (60ml) golden syrup and 50g butter to large saucepan over low heat. Stir to combine until melted.
- Combine other 50g of butter and flour in medium bowl. Use fingertips to rub together until it resembles breadcrumbs. Combine milk and 1 tablespoon golden syrup. Stir into flour mixture until well combined.
- Bring sauce to the boil. Scoop out heaped dessert spoonfuls of mixture and place into sauce. Reduce heat to low. Cover and leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Serve.