There’s nothing better than a delicious crispy fritter, but they can often be fairly unhealthy – making it difficult to enjoy them as often as we’d like! But this zucchini option gives the recipe a fresher twist, combining the classic veggie with the mouthwatering taste of a fritter. With a super straightforward recipe filled with affordable ingredients, you won’t have to worry about going over the budget with this one.
It’s perfect for a healthy and filling breakfast or for a light lunch to satisfy any hunger cravings throughout the day. There’s no wrong time to enjoy these tasty fritters and no wrong way to make them! Enjoy!
- 3 (about 400g) medium zucchini, coarsely grate
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 40g (1/2 cup) parmesan, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- 3 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup fresh continental parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place grated zucchini in a colander. Use your hands to squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible. Transfer to bowl. Stir in self-raising flour, parmesan, shallots, egg, parsley, oregano, salt and nutmeg.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spoon three generous, fritter-sized portions of zucchini mixture into a pan. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden and completely cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining olive oil and remaining zucchini mixture until all used up. Let cool slightly before serving.