Of all the pastries, danishes are one of the most underrated staples of a buffet breakfast. With buttery, flaky pastry, sweet, creamy custard, and tart apricots, there’s nothing not to love.
You no longer need to visit the bakery or stay in a hotel for the buffet breakfast to get your hands on one of these beauties however, as this recipe will have you whipping them up with time to spare from a half hour and very few ingredients.
Even better is that they’re lovely and fresh, soft and juicy in the middle, and flaky on the outside rather than a little bit stale like you’ll often find in cafes.
You’ll be able to spoil yourself every day!
1. Preheat the oven to 200C and line oven trays with baking paper.
2. Cut pastry sheets into triangle quarters.
3. Place tablespoons of custard onto the middle of each triangle, and an apricot half on top, cut side down.
4. Fold the points of the triangle up to meet and pinch them together.
5. Lightly beat the egg, and brush all over danishes.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Dust with icing sugar before serving.