There’s something special about serving up these mini self-saucing puddings for dessert and watching the warm, gooey chocolate ooze out from the centre as you crack into them. These scrumptious puddings are great to serve up to guests on special occasions, or to treat yourself with during the week for those nights you’re craving something deliciously chocolatey. They’re prefect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a generous drizzle of cream. Any leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge and zapped in the microwave before serving.
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa, plus extra to dust
- 60g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease a 6-cup capacity ovenproof baking dish. Sift flour, 1/2 cup (110g) sugar and 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa into a bowl. Stir to combine. Make well in the centre.
- Add melted butter, milk, vanilla extract and egg to a separate bowl. Whisk to combine. Gradually pour into well. Fold mixture to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Spread over top with back of spoon to even out.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup (110g) sugar and 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa to small bowl. Stir to combine. Sprinkle over top of pudding. Pour 2 cups (500ml) boiling water over top of pudding.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is firm. Stand for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Dust warm pudding with extra cocoa. Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream.