Turn leftover Christmas pudding into a whole new tasty dessert, and this strudel recipe is a surefire winner!
Crunchy on the outside, and full of spiced cake and mascarpone, this is about as great as recycled dessert gets. While the delectable dessert is perfect on its own, it tastes even better with a vanilla sauce, whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.
- 250g Christmas pudding, crumbled
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 2 tbsp Baileys
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 25g melted butter
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 200C.
- Mix the pudding, mascarpone and Baileys.
- Lay out a sheet of filo on a large flat baking tray, brush with some melted butter and lay another sheet on top.
- Repeat with more butter and filo until you have four layers. Place the filling in a log in the centre and brush the border with butter.
- Roll up to enclose the filling, then brush with the remaining butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.