You’ve had dinner and are settling in for a relaxing night in front of the television, but as you begin to recline those sweet cravings begin. You’re in your pyjamas and the thought of trekking to the local supermarket for a treat is not at all appealing. This 10-minute strawberry crumble pie recipe is bound to satisfy your sweet tooth.
This is the perfect recipe for a single serve. It’s also great because you’re likely to have all the ingredients on-hand.
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup instant oats
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 1 1/3 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- In a small bowl, mix flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Add butter and cut it evenly into the flour mixture with a fork. Add milk and stir until the mixture comes together. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe mug, stir together the strawberries and icing sugar. Pour the oat topping over the berries.
- Microwave the crumble until the topping is set, about 1-2 minutes. Cool slightly and serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.