This homemade dessert has everything you want; it’s not super unhealthy like most sickeningly sweet desserts, it has a light and scrumptious filling with a crunchy top, it’s easy to make and it serves a crowd. There is nothing better than a dessert that not only tastes so refreshing and light but is also so easy to cook. Try this dessert for special events or just for yourself to snack on after dinner. It’s definitely a healthier option for dessert that absolutely everyone will absolutely love.
- 750g strawberries, hulled, thickly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups traditional rolled oats
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup chopped almond kernels
- Pinch of salt
- 60g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 200C. Lightly grease a 19cm x 27cm baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, add strawberries, cornflour and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup in a bowl. Stir to combine together. Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl, add oats, flour, almonds and salt. Mix well to combine. Stir in butter and remaining maple syrup. Crumble oat mixture generously over strawberry base. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until crisp.
- Leave to cool to room temperature. Cover. Place in refrigerator overnight. Serve.