Are you feeling tired, drained and unhealthy? Are you searching for a way to give your immune system a boost? How about a drink that can relieve stress? The key to good health is only an infusion away!
One of the best drinks to have during the winter, a ginger and lemon infusion is power-packed with some incredible health and body care benefits. It’s sweet and spicy and easy to make too, and is often prescribed as a natural home remedy for colds, sore throats and fever.
What does lemon do for you?
1. Cures throat infections. Lemon is an excellent fruit that aids in fighting problems related to throat infections, sore throat and tonsillitis as it has an antibacterial property.
2. Controls high blood pressure. Lemon water works wonders for people having heart problems, owing to its high potassium content. It controls high blood pressure, dizziness, nausea as well as provides
relaxation to mind and body. It also reduces mental stress and depression.
3. Good for treating arthritis. Lemon is also a diuretic and hence lemon water can treat rheumatism and arthritis. It helps to flush out bacteria and toxins out of the body.
4. Great for weight loss. One of the most talked about health benefit of drinking lemon water is that it paves the way for losing weight faster, thus acting as a great weight loss remedy.
5. Treats a fever. Lemon fever helps increase perspiration, which is great for someone suffering from a flu or a fever, as it helps breaks the fever.
Why add ginger?
1. Reduces pain. Ginger is known to have anti-inflammatory properties and is a powerful natural painkiller.
2. Heartburn relief. Ginger has long been used as a natural heartburn remedy. It is most often taken in the form of tea or infusions for this purpose.
3. Cold and flu prevention and treatment. Ginger has long been used as a natural treatment for colds
and the flu. Many people also find ginger to be helpful in the case of stomach flu or food poisoning, which is not surprising given the positive effects ginger has upon the digestive tract.
4. Migraine relief. Research has shown that ginger may provide migraine relief due to its ability to stop prostaglandins from causing pain and inflammation in blood vessels.
5. Prevention of diabetic nephropathy. Ginger has been proven to reduce kidney damage that occurs as a result of diabetes.
So go on, start your day with a healthy natural drink!
Note: To make the infusion, add slices of a 2 to 3 inch piece of ginger to 4 cups of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Add the juice of one large lemon and let steep for 20-30 minutes. Sweeten with a sweetener of your choice.