Want to indulge with a delicious dessert, but face an empty cupboard? Here’s a great way to put that jar of Nutella to great use. It’s quick and easy, but sure to impress – even more so if you’re lucky enough to have a wood fire oven.
- 220g(8oz) pizza dough
- A sprinkle of icing sugar
- If using a domestic oven, pre-heat to 220°C (425°F).
- Roll out a piece of dough into a 3 mm thick disc, and ensure the bottom of the dough is floured
enough to prevent it from sticking to the surface. On half of the dough, piece spread the
Nutella (as much as you desire).
- To make the calzone, carefully lift the far edge of the pizza dough and pull it over the top of the
ingredients towards you, folding it in half. Crimp the edges so none of the fillings can spill out.
- Place the calzone onto a baking tray, pizza stone or granite slab.
- If using a standard oven, pre-heat to 220°C and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake until the dough becomes puffed up, golden on top and the filling is hot. Serve hot, sprinkled with icing sugar and garnish with strawberries or fruit of your choice.