Renowned chef Jamie Oliver was onto something! I love a meal you can throw together and serve in 30 minutes or less, and this vegetarian stir-fry with broccoli and brown rice is one such meal. Now don’t curl your lip at how healthy it sounds — there is plenty of flavour! If you’re desperate for some meat, you can always add some chicken strips, but personally I found this vegetable dinner hit the spot on its own.
- 200g broccoli florets
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 15g ginger, cut into shreds
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into shreds
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1/2 x 300g pack Quorn chicken-style pieces, diced (or 150g real chicken)
- 1 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 chargrilled red capsicum, from a jar, cut into cubes
- 250g pack pre-cooked brown rice
- In a medium pan, pour boiling water over broccoli then boil for 4 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick wok and stir-fry ginger, garlic and onion for 2 minutes. Add chilli powder and stir briefly.
- Add chicken-style pieces and stir-fry for 2 minutes more. Drain broccoli and reserve the water. Tip broccoli into wok with soy, honey, capsicum and 4 tablespoons of broccoli water, then cook until heated through.
- Heat rice according to packet instructions and serve with stir-fry.